Other places to find legal help and information:

To Hire or Consult with an Attorney:

  • The Florida Bar Lawyer Referral Service - The Florida Bar Lawyer Referral Service is a public service designed to make it easy for consumers to connect to trusted, verified attorneys. You get matched with a lawyer in minutes. All attorneys have active and verified Florida licensure and malpractice insurance.                                                                                                      

Florida Courts HELP App:

  • HELP App - Florida Courts Help seeks to help Floridians who represent themselves in family law cases.
  • The Florida Courts Help app works on Apple and Android phones and tablets. The app offers in one place information for people seeking a divorce, adoption, orders of protection, name change, and other family law issues.
  • The app puts help at the fingertips for any mobile device user, with:

    • 186 Supreme Court-approved family law forms that can be filled out on the device.
    • Links and contact information for help centers all around the state.
    • Plain-language instructions and descriptions of first steps and next actions.
    • Pointers and contact for a full range of legal help from multiple online resources, free and low-cost legal services, lawyer referrals and other information, including eligibility criteria.
    • User-friendly instructions for initial steps and pointers about what happens next.

Free Legal Information and Resources:

  • Law Libraries - Law Libraries located around the state are open to the public and offer access to legal research databases. Law Librarians can help you research your case but they are not permitted to give legal advice.

  • FloridaLawHelp.org - Florida's free legal information website and directory of all legal aid offices throughout the state. Areas of law include: Family Law, Domestic Violence, Immigration, Housing, Public Benefits, Seniors, Consumer, Community Education, and Education.
  • Preparing for Court: Court Expectations - Lawyers who appear in court must follow the court’s rules of behavior and conduct. People who appear in court without a lawyer must follow the same rules of behavior.
  • Low Bono Project - Offered in Duval County for matters such as divorce, child custody, child support, spousal support, and paternity and individuals seeking assistance with family-based petitions, Lawful Permanent Residence, Naturalization & Citizenship, DACA renewals, travel documents, and renewal/replacement of certain immigration documents. 

Natural Disaster Information:

  • D-SNAP - D-SNAP gives food assistance to low income households with food loss or damage caused by a natural disaster.
  • Fannie Mae - Fannie Mae disaster relief website. 
  • Disaster Services DCF - Florida Department of Children and Families has many services available to Floridians.