Other places to find legal help and information:
To Hire an Attorney:
- The Florida Bar Lawyer Referral Service - The Florida Bar Lawyer Referral Service provides referrals to lawyers in majority of the counties in Florida except those counties covered by the Local Bar Associations' Lawyer Referral Services.
- Local Bar Association's Lawyer Referral Service - The Local Bar Association Lawyer Referral Services cover the folllowing counties: Baker, Broward, Clay, Collier, Dade, Duval, Escambia, Franklin, Gadsden, Hillsborough, Jefferson, Lee, Leon, Liberty, Nassau, Orange, Palm Beach, Pinellas, Santa Rosa, and Wakulla.
Florida Courts HELP App:
- HELP App - Florida Courts Help seeks to help Floridians who represent themselves in family law cases.
- The Florida Courts Help app works on Apple and Android phones and tablets. The app offers in one place information for people seeking a divorce, adoption, orders of protection, name change, and other family law issues.
The app puts help at the fingertips for any mobile device user, with:
- 186 Supreme Court-approved family law forms that can be filled out on the device.
- Links and contact information for help centers all around the state.
- Plain-language instructions and descriptions of first steps and next actions.
- Pointers and contact for a full range of legal help from multiple online resources, free and low-cost legal services, lawyer referrals and other information, including eligibility criteria.
- User-friendly instructions for initial steps and pointers about what happens next.
Free Legal Information and Resources:
- Law Libraries - Law Libraries located around the state are open to the public and offer access to legal research databases. Law Librarians can help you research your case but they are not permitted to give legal advice.
- FloridaLawHelp.org - Florida's free legal information website and directory of all legal aid offices throughout the state. Areas of law include: Family Law, Domestic Violence, Immigration, Housing, Public Benefits, Seniors, Consumer, Community Education, and Education.
- Florida Bar's Consumer Pamphlets and Videos - The Florida Bar provides information to the public on certain general areas of law as well as specific issues.
- Self Help Centers Near You - Access to information regarding local self-help programs throughout the state.
- Legal Assistance and Information for Elders - Access to legal assistance, information, elder abuse, and exploitation.
- Family Law Forms - Supreme Court of Florida approved Family Law Forms.
- Landlord and Tenant Forms- Access to forms and residential leases.
- Probate Forms - Forms Relating to Probate Actions.
- Small Claims Forms - Forms relating to Small Claims Actions.
- Guardianship Forms - Forms relating to Guardianship Matters.
- Self Represented Appellate Handbook - Provide by Teh Florida Bar Appellate Practice Section.
- Preparing for Court:Court Expectations - Lawyers who appear in court must follow the court’s rules of behavior and conduct. People who appear in court without a lawyer must follow the same rules of behavior.
Natural Disaster Information:
- Mass Disaster a Victims Guide - Florida Bar informational pamphlet
- Free Legal Assistance for Florida Hurricane Irma Survivors Hotline: 1-866-550-2929 Link to more information: Legal Hotline - The legal aid hotline is now available for Hurricane Irma survivors in Florida who cannot pay for an attorney. The hotline operates through a partnership between The Florida Bar Young Lawyer Division, the American Bar Association (ABA) Young Lawyers Division, and the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA). Both English and Spanish voicemail recordings give instructions for callers to leave a message requesting storm-related legal assistance, and to provide their name, telephone number, county of residence, and a description of their legal problem.
- Florida Disaster Website - Florida Division of Emergency Management: Shelters, Evacuation Routes and Zones.
- Florida Legal Services Hurricane Irma - Florida Legal Services Hurricane Irma Resources Page.
- FEMA - FEMA website page for Hurricane Irma: Financial.
- FEMA Mobile APP - FEMA link to it's mobile app to download.
- Disaster Recovery Center Locator - DRC Locator allows individuals to search for DRCs nearest to their location.
- Hurricane Irma Rumor Control - Link to FEMA site with information regarding rumors.
- Florida Disaster Benefits - Link to information on disaster benefits available for residents of Florida who have been affected by Hurricane Irma.
- D-SNAP - D-SNAP gives food assistance to low income households with food loss or damage caused by a natural disaster.
- Tax Relief for Hurricane Irma Victims - The IRS is now offering expanded relief to any are designated by FEMA.
- Fannie Mae - Fannie Mae announced loan assistance for victims of Hurricane Irma.
- Freddie Mac - Freddie Mac announced loan assistance for victims of Hurricane Irma.
- Florida Statute Emergency Management - Florida Statute
- Price Gouging Complaint - Florida Attorney General
- American Red Cross - Red Cross main website
- Disaster Services DCF - Florida Department of Children and Families has many services available to Floridians.