Other places to find legal help and information:
To Hire an Attorney:
- The Florida Bar Lawyer Referral Service - The Florida Bar Lawyer Referral Service provides referrals to lawyers in majority of the counties in Florida except those counties covered by the Local Bar Associations' Lawyer Referral Services.
- Local Bar Association's Lawyer Referral Service - The Local Bar Association Lawyer Referral Services cover the following counties: Baker, Broward, Clay, Collier, Dade, Duval, Escambia, Franklin, Gadsden, Hillsborough, Jefferson, Lee, Leon, Liberty, Nassau, Orange, Palm Beach, Pinellas, Santa Rosa, and Wakulla.
Florida Courts HELP App:
- HELP App - Florida Courts Help seeks to help Floridians who represent themselves in family law cases.
- The Florida Courts Help app works on Apple and Android phones and tablets. The app offers in one place information for people seeking a divorce, adoption, orders of protection, name change, and other family law issues.
The app puts help at the fingertips for any mobile device user, with:
- 186 Supreme Court-approved family law forms that can be filled out on the device.
- Links and contact information for help centers all around the state.
- Plain-language instructions and descriptions of first steps and next actions.
- Pointers and contact for a full range of legal help from multiple online resources, free and low-cost legal services, lawyer referrals and other information, including eligibility criteria.
- User-friendly instructions for initial steps and pointers about what happens next.
Free Legal Information and Resources:
- Law Libraries - Law Libraries located around the state are open to the public and offer access to legal research databases. Law Librarians can help you research your case but they are not permitted to give legal advice.
- FloridaLawHelp.org - Florida's free legal information website and directory of all legal aid offices throughout the state. Areas of law include: Family Law, Domestic Violence, Immigration, Housing, Public Benefits, Seniors, Consumer, Community Education, and Education.
- Florida Bar's Consumer Pamphlets and Videos - The Florida Bar provides information to the public on certain general areas of law as well as specific issues.
- Self Help Centers Near You - Access to information regarding local self-help programs throughout the state.
- Legal Assistance and Information for Elders - Access to legal assistance, information, elder abuse, and exploitation.
- Family Law Forms - Supreme Court of Florida approved Family Law Forms.
- Landlord and Tenant Forms- Access to forms and residential leases.
- Probate Forms - Forms Relating to Probate Actions.
- Small Claims Forms - Forms relating to Small Claims Actions.
- Guardianship Forms - Forms relating to Guardianship Matters.
- Self Represented Appellate Handbook - Provided by The Florida Bar Appellate Practice Section.
- Preparing for Court: Court Expectations - Lawyers who appear in court must follow the court’s rules of behavior and conduct. People who appear in court without a lawyer must follow the same rules of behavior.
- Low Bono Project - Offered in Duval County for matters such as divorce, child custody, child support, spousal support, and paternity and individuals seeking assistance with family-based petitions, Lawful Permanent Residence, Naturalization & Citizenship, DACA renewals, travel documents, and renewal/replacement of certain immigration documents.
Natural Disaster Information:
- National Disaster Legal AID Deadlines Hurricane Michael - Site contains link to many disaster resources and timeline of dates regarding benefits and FEMA help.
- Mass Disaster a Victims Guide - The Florida Bar informational pamphlet.
- Florida Disaster Website - Florida Division of Emergency Management: Shelters, Evacuation Routes and Zones.
- FEMA Website - FEMA website.
- FEMA Mobile APP - FEMA link to mobile app.
- Disaster Recovery Centers - DRC Locator allows individuals to search for DRCs nearest to their location.
- Disaster Resources - Link to information on disaster benefits and general resources.
- D-SNAP - D-SNAP gives food assistance to low income households with food loss or damage caused by a natural disaster.
- Fannie Mae - Fannie Mae disaster relief website.
- Freddie Mac- Freddie Mac disaster website.
- Florida Statute Emergency Management - Florida Statutes.
- Price Gouging Complaint - Florida Attorney General.
- American Red Cross - Red Cross main website.
- Disaster Services DCF - Florida Department of Children and Families has many services available to Floridians.